The Kikuyu variety of lawn has vigorous growth in summer in full sun. Kikuyu is not shade tolerant. The look and feel is made up of a broad leaf and is of a broad runner style with a softish feel.
Kikuyu lawn is a runner grass which is easy to grow, some of the features include:
- Tolerant of medium wear and traffic
- Vigorous and easy to grow
- Requires mowing once a week through summer
- Send runners into your garden and these will need to be trimmed off as it is very invasive
- Full sun is a must
- Fertilise in spring with a slow release fertiliser and again at the end of summer